2019 Essential Technical Evaluations
Review your goals, target audiences, messaging, social media, SEO, website, email marketing campaigns
Auditing Your Online Presence is Essential in order to support your Goals. As 2019 is here, it is an ideal time to revisit your technical solutions (Website, Data Applications, IT/Network, Hosting) and Strategies (SEO, SEM, Social Media, Digital, etc.) to ensure they still align with your Goals. The good news is that Webhead can offer assistance in evaluating all of your tools and strategies. Here is a quick list that we recommend you look at:
- Goals – Evaluate which goals you met in 2018. What worked/what didn’t? How should those goals be changed for your 2019? How should your strategies be tweaked to support your Business and Marketing Goals?
- Target Audience – Reevaluate if your Clients have changed and research what their needs are. Dig deeper and identify the best way to reach them via technical solutions and social media platforms. Your strategies should be a result of this research.
- Website – It is good practice to review your website traffic and analytics routinely every month- but at the end of the year – do a deep dive to analyze your audience behavior. Your analytics will tell you what content to focus on and what you should modify, add and edit. The numbers will assist you to tailor your content in order to be more effective and convert views to sales.
- Security/IT – Review your current security, hosting, domains and overall network. Look for security vulnerabilities and how these should be addressed. These assessments should go further and look at your online tools (website, blogs, social media) to ensure you have the proper security checks and authentication best practices in place.
- Social Media – As you review the analytics for your website, also take a look at your social media strategies. Each platform typically offers their own set of analytics, but you should evaluate if your Social Media goals are still relevant. Tweak your strategy accordingly. The algorithms for most all of the relevant Social Media Platforms have changed, so be sure to be aware of how they work and how that can affect your posts, engagement and results. You should also ensure that your strategy for Social Media includes scheduling time to regularly engage with your audience addressing comments, inquires and comments. You should also ensure you are consistently posting content that is in sync with your messaging and organizational goals.
- Search Engine Optimization – Just like Social Media, there are plenty of changes to SEO. You want to be sure you aware of the changes and how they affects your results and budget. Presently, most strategies require you to pay to play, but there are still some organic tactics you can implement to be sure you are maximizing your efforts.
- WCAG Compliance – It is becoming increasingly important to ensure your tech tools are WCAG compliant. You want to be sure that you are considering all audiences when you are publishing content onto a website, online application system or Social Media.
This is just a quick list of items, but the good news is that Webhead can help you with any or all of these assessments. If you would like to discuss or need additional information; please feel free to reach out us.
Thank you and Happy 2019! We hope you have a wonderful and productive year! Call us for your technical needs. We are always an inquiry away