San Diego, CA
With over twenty years of experience, Webhead specializes in providing comprehensive web, IT, and cyber security solutions that strengthen governments and commercial businesses. From website development and cloud computing services to database creation and IT support, we provide customized solutions to fit our client’s needs. Webhead is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, but has satellite worksites across the country. Originally founded in 1994, we have become a trusted partner of the U.S. Department of Defense, civil governments and corporate clients.
Webhead combines big business experience with a small business work environment where every employee communicates and contributes to our projects. Employees are expected to work alone, and as a team, to find innovative solutions for our diverse customer base.
As an Intelligence Analyst, the team member will support the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) mission to provide professional investigative service to commanders of all Air Force activities. AFOSI identifies, investigates and neutralizes criminal, terrorist, and espionage threats to Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD) personnel and resources
• Detect and provide early warning of worldwide threats to the Air Force
• Identify and resolve crime impacting Air Force readiness or good order and discipline
• Combat threats to Air Force information systems and technologies
• Defeat and deter fraud in the acquisition of Air Force prioritized weapons systems
In order to provide this support to AFOSI, analysts shall conduct collection and translation of open-source Internet information and provide analysis and reporting of collection efforts that identify threats to United States Air Force (USAF) assets worldwide from foreign governments, international terrorists, and unaffiliated actors (for example, hackers and subversive groups). Analysts shall also conduct open source research and analysis in support of AFOSI Counter Intelligence (CI), Counter Terrorism (CT) and Law Enforcement (LE) inquiries, investigations, and operations worldwide to assist AFOSI field units with their respective casework. Analysts shall utilize the following sources and tools to guide research and analysis
As a Linguist, the team member will produce written reports as well provide gist (summarization of key points), detailed summaries, and transcripts of the material. Linguist should be able to succinctly communicate their findings to senior contract and government personnel. The Linguist must have the ability to function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. The Linguist may provide intelligence analysis (i.e. IMINT, SIGINT, HUMINT, MASINT, or all-source and work directly with customers and team members to determine project scope and specifications.
• Exploit the Internet for threat information facing USAF assets worldwide
• Utilize language skills or use translation software to search for and identify threats in webpages or documents written in a foreign language.
• Translate or use offsite translation support to identify threats and translate web pages or documents written in a foreign language.
• Leverage existing open-source collection efforts of other agencies and classified intelligence information resources.
• Use AFOSI case information to conduct open source research and analysis in support of AFOSI CI and LE inquiries, investigations, and operations.
• Using visualizations and analytical software, such as Analyst’s Notebook, conduct link and trend analysis to discover new information, corroborate existing information, and predict future threats to USAF assets.
• Participate in AFOSI operational activity, as required.
• Use data in AFCERT and 35 IS databases for correlations to open-source Internet information on threats to USAF networks.
• Conduct analysis of threats to automated information systems, networks, and critical information in support of AFNETOPS locations and to Network Operations Security Center locations.
• Provide routine input into AFNETOPS products from the CI perspective
• Conduct link and trend analysis to predict Computer Network Attack (CNA) or Computer Network Exploitation (CNE).
• Advise on network or system vulnerabilities and assess the threat of exploitation.
• Provide briefings on Information Warfare (IW) indications and warning and recommend countermeasures
• Coordinate, fuse and compile analytical products from numerous resources, to include various databases, to ensure a tailored counterintelligence product is provided to support the protection of critical research and technology.
• Provide reach-back capability and training as needed to subordinate units and customers on how to identify the Information Operations (IO) threat.
• Produce Intelligence Information Reports (IIRs), CI Notes and other reporting products; complete post-report process.
• Produce and present intelligence briefings
• Attend intelligence conferences and meetings that support AFOSI CI production efforts.
• Provide weekly and monthly inputs to activity reports.
Education Requirements, Work Experience, and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline
• Three (3) years experience in the field of specialization
• Any combination of education and/or experience will be considered
Security Clearance Level:
• Must currently process a Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) access; US citizenship is required by regulation and contract.
Full- time Position
This position primarily consists of working indoors in an office environment, at a customer location. Essential functions: The employee may be required to: sit, walk, or stand for extended periods, talk and hear with the ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information, to use the hands and fingers to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, or position, and see to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
Travel Requirements: Forecasted travel is one trip during contract period of performance to locations within the continental US (CONUS). Other travel may be required based on business goals and objectives.
Non-Disclosure Agreement: This policy is stated in the Employee Handbook, which will be supplied during the first month of employment. All employees of Webhead will be required to sign and adhere to this agreement.
This position shall require the Intelligence Analyst to be available during normal working hours from 8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time(CST)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Web-Hed Technologies, Inc. dba Webhead ™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national orientation, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All resumes and applications submitted are reviewed for consideration of employment and do not constitute an employment relationship.