Lackland AFB, TX
Webhead will be supporting the 690th ISS with equipment and cabling installation. Technician/Cable Installers must be Building Industry Consulting Services International, Inc. (BICSI) registered Cabling Installer, Technician Level to install communications distribution system cables, equipment, and associated hardware.
The selected candidate will install, test and certify all structured communications cabling and install racks and cabinets following renovation of a new data center. The contractor services shall include tasks such as:
- Install Multi-Mode Fiber (MMF) cabling and fiber infrastructure components
[MMF rating shall be OM4].
- Install Single Mode Fiber (SMF) and fiber infrastructure components [SMF cabling
rating shall be OS2]
- Install, terminate and test new color-coded trunk fiber cables and patch panels
- Configure, install, interconnect and test CISCO network equipment (JWICS/SIPRNET). This shall be done in conjunction with government personnel.
- Coordinate with other network owners concerning equipment moves and configurations; assist in troubleshooting any contractor installed cable plant related
- Remove and dispose of all old racks and cabling unless identified for reutilization
by the government
- Ensure all installed equipment, racks, patch panels and cabling are labeled and
documented IAW pre- determined numbering, color coding and labeling schema
- Interface existing cable trays and three ceiling penetrations with cable trays (4”x12” and 4”x24” wire basket) installed by construction contractors in previous phase; provide and install all components of the tray system (tray, supports, splices, fasteners, supports, and accessories) with the same salient characteristics as the ones used from the construction contractor (4”x12” and 4”x24” wire basket). [Cable trays and runways shall be installed IAW all requirements and industry best practices. All cables shall be supported throughout the run of the cable
- Install cable tray where required. J-hooks and other similar cable support hardware shall be installed where required. Cable trays and runways shall be marked IAW pre-determined numbering/labeling schema; remove all existing cable tray not being utilized.
- Install, ground and bond communications racks, PDUs (2 per rack), cable and air flow management, cold isle doors and partitions
- Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by the Company and OSHA
- Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, coworkers, behavior and appearance • Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which your supervisor may assign
- Personnel will be required to access to a DoD Information System and shall receive initial IA awareness orientation as a condition of access and thereafter shall complete annual IA refresher awareness, as required by DoD Directive 8570.01, “Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management”.
- Provide planned and or emergency after-hours support as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
· High school or equivalent
· Licensed BICSI Technician (TECH) or Installer 2, Fiber Optic, certification
· Network cabling three (3) years’ experience
· Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork.
· Must work well independently, as well as follow directions.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check and to provide two professional references.
· Reliable vehicle and valid driver license.
· Flexible, willing to work on call, day or night shift as jobs require to include overtime.
· Be comfortable climbing up to heights
· Be able to work safely from a ladder rated for a maximum working load of
300lbs including all tools and equipment
· Be comfortable working in crawlspaces and attics
· Ability to lift about 70+lbs required
Web-Hed Technologies, Inc. (dba Webhead), is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us via our home page.