Lackland AFB, TX
Infrastructure Technician / Cable Installer ** Contingent Upon Contract Award **
Building Industry Consulting Services International, Inc. (BICSI) registered Cabling Installer, Technician Level to install communications distribution system cables, equipment, and associated hardware. The selected candidate will install, test and certify all structured communications cabling and install racks and cabinets following renovation of a new data center. The contractor services shall include tasks such as:
- Install Multi-Mode Fiber (MMF) cabling and fiber infrastructure components [MMF rating shall be OM4].
- Install Single Mode Fiber (SMF) and fiber infrastructure components [SMF cabling rating shall be OS2]
- Install, terminate and test new color-coded trunk fiber cables and patch panels
- Configure, install, interconnect and test CISCO network equipment (JWICS/SIPRNET). This shall be done in conjunction with government personnel. Coordinate with other network owners concerning equipment moves and configurations; assist in troubleshooting any contractor installed cable plant related issues
- Remove and dispose of all old racks and cabling unless identified for reutilization by the government
- Ensure all installed equipment, racks, patch panels and cabling are labeled and documented IAW pre-determined numbering, color coding and labeling schema
- Interface existing cable trays and three ceiling penetrations with cable trays (4”x12” and 4”x24” wire basket) installed by construction contractors in previous phase; provide and install all components of the tray system (tray, supports, splices, fasteners, supports, and accessories) with the same salient characteristics as the ones used from the construction contractor (4”x12” and 4”x24” wire basket). [Cable trays and runways shall be installed IAW all requirements and industry best practices. All cables shall be supported throughout the run of the cable. Contractor shall install cable tray where required. J-hooks and other similar cable support hardware shall be installed where required. Cable trays and runways shall be marked IAW pre-determined numbering/labeling schema; remove all existing cable tray not being utilized.]
- Install, ground and bond communications racks, PDUs (2 per rack), cable and air flow management, cold isle doors and partitions
- Ensure strict air flow management for all cabinet, cold isle doors, partitions and equipment installations using blanking panels, air dams, etc. to maintain hot/cold row cooling
- Install, ground and bond communications racks and communication closet switches, which will be configured by government personnel
- Rehome trunk cables, install and terminate tie cables from tech control to datacenter infrastructure racks
- Install, terminate and test a 288 SM outside plant fiber and patch panels through existing manhole and duct system.
- Rehome protected distribution system (PDS) outside plant fiber cables
- Test all cables and provide test report for acceptance before placing them into service.
- Develop and prepare a weekly status report. The contractor shall ensure the report provides project progress, problems being encountered, risks, issues and recommended mitigation strategies and other topics necessary and beneficial to ensure success and timely completion of the contract requirements.
- Execute communications closet rack elevation, raising and suspending ~6” above the current computer floor; bond and ground racks to new flooring grounding system.
- Other related assignments are required by government.
- Must possess an active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for SCI.
- Must possess current BICSI Technician (TECH) certification or be a registered BICSI Installer 2- Copper or Installer 2- Optical Fiber credentials and be willing to obtain BICSI Technician level certification prior to work start.
- At least three (3) years’ expertise in the installation of specified components.
- Proof of qualifications and expertise shall be required.
Web-Hed Technologies, Inc. (dba Webhead), is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us via our home page.