San Antonio, TX
*JOB DESCRIPTION – Contingent Upon Contract Award
Plan original visual treatments for training materials including computer-generated imagery, modeling, animation, rendering and various other multimedia formats for METC Training Programs. The illustrator shall interface directly with a variety of METC program staff and Academic Affairs staff. The Multimedia/ Educational Technology Section provides comprehensive technology services to incorporate relevant visual and audio instructional aids in curriculum development for forty-eight (48) enlisted medical training programs.
· Prepare original designs, layouts, and finished artwork for a wide variety of organizational, technical, and general support materials of a complex nature.
· Perform work involved in laying out or executing illustrations in support of instructional materials including interactive courseware and instructor-led training.
· Ensure artistic excellence and factual accuracy of the illustrative work.
· Plan original visual treatments for training materials including computer-generated imagery, modeling, animation, rendering and various other multimedia formats.
· Meet with the customer to learn about the various aspects of the project, including the instructional objectives, tasks to be emphasized, the prior knowledge of the students, the relationships to be stressed, and the relative degree of importance of the various pieces of information being disseminated.
· Select the most suitable media to accomplish the project in the most effective and efficient manner and ensure designs, layouts, and projects are produced quickly and competently to meet expedited deadlines.
· Serve as technical expert in computer-generated imagery, modeling, animation, rendering and various other multimedia formats.
· Create original artwork utilizing computer graphics software.
· Develop visual graphics using state-of-the-art software programs and create, analyze, interpret, accomplish, and produce computer generated and/or conventional graphics and multi-media products utilizing computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
· Compile and depict data using various media, drawing instruments, and electronic equipment. Operate electronic, interactive, graphic design equipment, and desktop publishers in performance of illustrating duties.
· Receive work orders and instructions from customers and meet with them to ascertain objectives, work projects, advise on the technical advantages and disadvantages of various formats, styles, media, and methods of production, and recommend techniques and media for effective portrayal.
· Maintain close communications with the customer to achieve optimum customer satisfaction.
· Provide effective advice and assistance to other illustrators, management, and customers while complying with established procedures and industry standards.
· Research and recommend equipment, materials, and software to meet current and future production needs. Maintain inventory of specialized equipment and supplies.
· Provide recommendations for future acquisition of new equipment or upgrades by researching new technologies and cost effective methods to meet changing requirements or customer needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer-generated imagery, modeling, animation, or related field from an accredited academic institution
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
· Able to research and comprehend advanced scientific and medical concepts
· Experience with designing curriculum that supports blended learning
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PremierPr, and AfterEffects) and proficiency in Autodesk Maya and Unity is highly desirable