San Antonio, TX
GIS application development for a water-related project, leading and implementing the design and programming for the custom system to include related activities including hardware and software. The contract requires independent planning, prioritizing, and execution of projects and tasks under the general direction of the assigned Project Manager and Lead Software Developer.
- GIS systems and application development that will be deployed on multiple computer platforms or via web-based technologies.
- Geospatial database development and administration. Responsible for database performance, accessibility, and integrity.
- Develops, prototype and builds web applications
- Utilizes REST, SOAP, or other data methodologies
- Understands GIS System Architecture to maintain and support Enterprise GIS infrastructure
- Integrates web applications into ESRI portal technologies
- Capable of handling many aspects of the application, including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, and testing
- Provides technical assistance and support to other projects underway within the group.
- Maintains and documents projects as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM process and project management software, such as JIRA, is a plus
- 3 years’ experience with GIS software, particularly Esri ArcGIS to include extensions)
- 3 years’ experience with geographic data formats and standard data conversion and transformation methods for generating client’s electronic maps.
- Experience developing geospatial SQL databases.
- Experience in building relational data structures, performance tuning, indexing, and triggers.
- Experience in deploying and administering PostgreSQL/PostGIS and spatial SQL functions.
- Experience with geospatial application development, including object-oriented programming and object-oriented design for applications.
- Experience troubleshooting GIS
- Experience in ArcGIS software and hardware installation/configuration, especially installing ArcGIS Enterprise
- Knowledge of Location and Navigation Systems to integrate data with ArcGIS Enterprise
- Knowledge of GIS System Architecture to maintain and support Enterprise GIS infrastructure
- Technical expertise obtaining, manipulating, and organizing data as well as defining, planning, and implementing analysis and processes
- Excellent written and spoken language skills
- Strong active listening, feedback, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Geography, Information Systems or Computer Science