La Jolla, San Diego, CA
Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems following an Agile development process.
- Perform system engineering functions for hardware, network, and software components including: requirements specification and management; product and design evaluation; trade-off, and selection analysis; and performance analysis.
- Collaborate with the Chief Software Architect to recommend alterations to development and design architectures to improve the quality of the software product line.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of designed systems.
- Fulfill role of Scrum Master for Bellevue branch of the project team for both sustainment and modernization tasks.
- Perform tasks of a high degree of complexity and difficulty with no supervision.
- Work with the engineering team to design, develop, implement, test, and support system software requirements.
- Work with Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 9+ years of software and systems engineering experience; or a Masters degree with 7+ years software and systems experience.
- Certified Systems Engineer or Systems Engineering degree a plus.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance; Top Secret preferred .
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks. Technical Concepts . CMMI Processes . Agile (Scrum) Methods, Thin-Client Web Development, Virtual Machine Environment, Distributed Computing Architectures, Information Assurance/CyberSecurity, Object-Oriented Design, Relational Databases, Secure Coding Practices, Service-Oriented Architecture, Stored Procedures, and Web Services
- Eperienced in: GXT/GWT, Java. Exlipse, leaflet and/or cesium, SQL, SQL Plus, Oracle DB, C/C++, Ada, VMware, WebLogic Server
This position primarily consists of working indoors in an office environment. In the course of the employees duties he/she may travel to customer sites to perform essential job duties. Essential functions: The employee may be required to: sit, walk, or stand for extended periods, talk and hear with the ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information, to use the hands and fingers to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, or position, and see to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, and assess. Lift up to 25 Lbs.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be required based on business goals and objectives but is expected to be less than 10%.
Non-Disclosure Agreement: This policy is stated in the Employee Handbook, which will be supplied during the first month of employment. All employees of Webhead will be required to sign and adhere to this agreement.
Security Clearance; Must have and retain DoD Secret Level, TS allowed.
Web-Head is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access webheadtech.com/career as a result of your disability. All resumes and applications submitted are reviewed for consideration of employment and do not constitute an employment relationship.