San Antonio, TX
The position will provide the technical support necessary to baseline, evolve and sustain the infrastructure, data and process
- Support Squadron personnel with computer connectivity issues; assist with management and allocation of resources to include equipment, peripherals, hardware/software licenses and consumables (i.e. toner, paper etc.); responsibilities range from procurement, 100% inventory accountability, tracking and auditing to eventual disposal
- Support move, add and/or change, or computer assets within the building
- Assist with the planning and deployment of new equipment as it’s received ; pack/unpack, ship , store, image, build, configure and support new computer equipment installation/uninstallation in the building
- Process reported computer trouble tickets using a Remedy database, preferably SharePoint
- Assist in receipt and proper securing of all IT assets until properly entered into asset tracking.
- Assist in documenting defined processes and procedures for handling and accounting for assigned equipment and peripherals
- As appropriate, assist with processing report of surveys (ROS), items found on base (FOB) or items identified for DRMO
- Assist with transfer of IT assets between equipment accounts
- Assist with Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to ensure hard drives and media are sanitized correctly and ensure all equipment is marked appropriately
- Assist in coordination and scheduling of planned , short notice or emergency maintenance actions for assigned equipment; monitors and reports progress to management representatives
- Must have Security +
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and have range of motion to fit into tight spots for running cables.
- Must be familiar with the Microsoft® Office Suite™ of applications such as Microsoft® Access™, Microsoft® Excel ™, Microsoft® Outlook TM and Microsoft® Word™
- A+, Network+ certification
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in resource management relating to logistical support and equipment accountability
- Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint™ and Remedy™
This position primarily consists of working indoors in an office environment. In the course of the employees duties he/she may travel to customer sites to perform essential job duties. Essential functions: The employee may be required to: sit, walk, or stand for extended periods, talk and hear with the ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information, to use the hands and fingers to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, or position, and see to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe,
inspect, estimate, and assess.
Travel may be required based on business goals and objectives-up to 5%.
Must have and maintain an active TS/SCI