San Antonio, TX
Salary: $30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Kick-start your web development career at Webhead, rated one of the Best Places to Work in 2018. We are looking for an entry-level developer to join our team. This is an opportunity for you to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. Our small business client portfolio stack is primarily Open Source (PHP) in addition to .Net.
We are a nimble, tight-knit team focused on problem-solving and building things that matter for large and small clients.
We are looking for a Web Developer (computer programmer) who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Developers are responsible for translating the UI/UX design wireframes, developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties. The Web Developer will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing and Integration of back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- 2 + years of hands on experience working with CMS Systems (administration and/or development level experience): WordPress
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Excellent communication both written and spoken language skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience